The George Washingtones 

Muhammad Haseeb, Staff Writer

On October 29, 2019, Mrs.Medley held the first rehearsal of the George Washingtones. Geroge Washingtones is similar to the Eaglettes but the audition process is not as tough as the Eaglettes. Additionally, it is undecided whether if the George Washingtones will perform at Music In the Parks in May.  At 2:45 after school that day, about 16 kids came to join. When everyone got there we all sat in the front row of three rows. In groups of two, every person sang a harmonic exercise, showing their voice range to be accurately placed in their respective voice parts (bass, tenor, alto, soprano). These exercises included singing “zo zo zo zo zo”, “ah ah ah ah ah ah”, and other exercises in a high or low range. After the assessment of the student’s voice range, they were placed in the voice parts of tenors (next lowest from altos), baritones (lower than tenors and the second-lowest which I was placed in), and basses (the lowest which usually the eight graders are in due to their mature voices). Of about 16 boys, 5 were basses, 3 were baritones, and 8 were tenors. The George Washingtones will sing at the winter concert and the spring concert. In addition, they may sing at Music In the Parks.